rowing off Cascais, Portugal.
Below: Cycling Portugal (Oct 2005)
According bringyourown.org, “a garbage patch the size of Texas is floating in the North Pacific Ocean”, and worldwide, “ocean surface waters contain six times more plastic than plankton.”
THAT IS COMPLETELY DISGUSTING!!
My friend Tim Harvey raises this issue on his vancouvertovancouver.com website. He's travelling aroung world SANS CO2... that's right, emissions free. Follow the last leg of his journey on his website dispatches and view his photo collection.
He's on his way home to Vancouver by bike from Oaxaca in Mexico. That's after he
- Cycled to the Yukon from Vancouver
- Canoed to the Bearing Straight
- Rowed the Bearing Sea
- Hiked into Siberia
- Cycled in the snow to Moscow and onwards to Portugal
- Rowed to the Canary Islands
- Sailed to Venezuala
- Cycled to Columbia
- Bush wacked, canoed and rafted through the famed Darien Gap to Panama
- Has been cycling ever since!!
Tim is filming his expeditiom, has been publishing articles in the Vancouver Sun, The Marmott and other publications and can be periodically heard on CBC radio one!
Tim's Website: Vancouvertovancouver.com
Erden Eruc is on his own journey: Around-n-over! that's around the world and over six major peaks.